MATCH REPORT | Tadcaster Albion 3-1 Silsden AFC


Tadcaster 3-1 Silsden

NCEL Premier Division

Tuesday 7th November 2023

SO-TRAK Stadium


Silsden fell to a disappointing 3-1 defeat away to Tadcaster Albion yesterday despite having a number of chances to take more from the game.

Goals from Conor Qualter and Oli Norman gave the hosts a two goal advantage before Ellis Hudson struck home a penalty to half the deficit.

The Brewers would secure the points however thanks to a Junayd Cassius-Gill strike in the second half, leaving us two points outside the playoff spots.

Our hosts started the game quickly and opened the scoring from a corner just 4 minutes in; an unmarked Qualter bundling home from close range.

New signing Jake Cassidy looked to try his luck on the turn on 17 minutes but his effort drifted agonisingly wide of the upright.

Tadcaster were looking threatening too however and perhaps should have doubled their lead through former Cobbydaler Joe Crosby.

A long pass deflected off the attacker perfectly into his path but he fired over from just inside the penalty area.

The relief for the travelling Sils fans was short lived as just moments later the Brewers were awarded a spot kick, the resulting penalty converted by Norman on 40 minutes.

We would have a penalty of our own on the brink of halftime as Dom Craig was tripped.

Hudson took on penalty duties and slotted home into the bottom corner to give us a glimmer of hope heading into the interval.

Chances for both sides early in the second half, as a left footed free-kick smashed off Kyle Trenerry’s post, whilst at the other end a superb double save denied us a leveller.

Hudson’s initial effort rebounded to Luke Brooksbank who looked to have a tap-in inside the six yard box, the keeper however had other ideas and made a fantastic low diving stop.

Just 5 minutes later and the hosts restored their two goal advantage as Cassius-Gill poked home after a whipped free-kick was headed back across goal.

Despite chances late on for both Kayle Price and Casey Stewart, the hosts were able to hold on to their lead and claim a hard-earned three points.

The result leaves us winless in 3 league games but our FA Vase campaign continues this weekend with a trip to Abbey Hey FC on Saturday at 3pm.